Anthony Perry. London.
Conor Oberst on his friendship with Tim Kasher
- Q: You’ve been talking to Tim from Cursive, haven’t you?
- Conor: Yeah. Tim’s one of my best friends in the whole world.
- Q: Did you guys go to school together?
- Conor: He was several years older than me. My brother, Matt, they graduated from high school together. But yeah, I started to hang out with Tim probably when I was far too young. [laughs]
- Q: He was a bad influence on your life.
- Conor: All those older kids got me thinking about things at a pretty early age. But I think it was that sort of breaking point when I got seriously depressed. When I let go of that safety blanket of a God and meaning and that.
Photos of Conor Oberst’s various soul-penetrating looks 6/10